Top ideas from the community
479 results found
-
Add Feature for Multiple Query Criteria in Search
Add feature to query by media, aka SIMKL entries, by multiple criteria so users can hone down and find items of interest.
5 votesAdded in V2 beta
-
Indie Movies, better suggestions based on likes
99% of the movies suggested are what I would call "hollywood schlock" ie action, horror, cliche'd comedies and stuff targeted at teenagers. This is really disappointing because I was looking for a Trakt replacement as their movies also show the same sort of (IMO) rubbish.
Despite rating a bunch of movies I like very much, the movies presented to me are almost all movies I have no interest in seeing.
5 votes -
Premieres List Improvement
Please make the option to configure which shows/movies are added to Premieres List in the Dashbord. Users could decide what genres, types etc. they are interested, everything else woud not be shown, with the option to "show everything".
5 votes -
TV Show Type
Lists V2 allows selections based on TV Show Type. The listed show types are TV Series, Animation, Entertainment, Documentary and Youtube. What's the source of this show type?
I basically only want to see scripted shows. Even when I only select TV Series, and exclude all other types, Australian sports show Formula 1 (amazingly ranked #16 all time) is still displayed. So are variety shows like The Carol Burnett Show. If I scrolled down far enough, even reality TV shows may be listed.
While the idea is great, the underlying info sucks. Please consider extracting the show type from TV…
5 votes -
Optimizing Streaming Subscriptions: Tailoring Your Choices to Your Watchlist
Notifying which streaming service to subscribe to (Netflix, Disney, etc) based on watchlist planning.
For - streaming membership expense management.
More Context
Rather than relying on the abundance of streaming apps available, consider a different approach. How about a service that advises users on which streaming platforms to subscribe to and which to cancel based on their watchlist? For instance, it could recommend subscribing to Netflix this month because two shows with all episodes released are available, and then suggest canceling other subscriptions next month if the desired shows aren't on those platforms or haven't completed their season. The goal…5 votes -
More informations/options in the "Airing Next" on the Dashboard
Hello!
I would love to have more informations or options to customize the "Airing Next" panel on my Dashboard.
A few examples :
- An option to add "airing next" shows that I haven't started yet but are in my watchlist and "plan to watch list" (I think right now it's just the premiere showing up if I don't start watching it?)
- Seeing which episode is going to air nextIn my case, for some tv shows I like to wait until most episodes are out (or all of them) and I know if it's episode 10/12/16 it's probably…
5 votes -
Add V2 Preview menu / Watch now on buttons to Posters on Dashboard
I would like to have the V2 Preview menu on the dashboard for posters like in the image below. When you click on the play button it should show you the "Watch now on" menu as usual but for tv shows and anime it should you show episode links instead of tv show links.
5 votes -
Multiple profiles in one account
I would love to have 2 profiles in my account. At this moment I have the SImkl account for content I've seen in English language. And additionally I have a trakt account for content I've seen in my own language (German). To combine it in one account would be a dream for me!
5 votesAdminAndrew Masyk (Founder, Simkl) responded
You can use Auto lists or saved Layoutts with filter in V2 Beta in one account - create a filter of your watchlist + Language filter
-
Show rating hints everywhere
When you go to rate an item from your unrated page at https://simkl.com/YOURUSERID/history/ratings/?unrated=1 there is a really helpful tooltip giving a description of each star rating.
It would be great if this was shown throughout the UI any time we go to rate an item.
I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like in case it was unclear what I'm referring to.
5 votes -
After import, I can't see what was not imported
I imported one of my anime trakt lists but it then says "4 not anime" but there's no way to find out what they are! A larger issue is then just to allow us to have multi-medium lists. I don't unsterstand why they have to be discretely separated into TV, Movies, or Anime
5 votes -
Is it possible to choose what to show on my dashboard, removing options like premieres and last aired if they don't apply to me?
Is it possible to choose what to shows on my dashboard, removing options like premieres and last aired if they don't apply to me?
5 votes -
Calendar option to hide "on hold" shows
Can we add a button to hide "On Hold" shows and anime in the calendar?
5 votes -
Movie/Series-posters
Change your movie or series poster!
We should be able to easily change movie/series posters (for ourselves). For example, this would make it easier to customize multiple copies of movies in lists. This was easily done in the TV-Time app. Below is an example of this. Unfortunately, TV-Time is no longer with us. Users thought this was so cool! Would it perhaps be possible to design this idea?
5 votes -
i love you
I love you
4 votes -
Integration with Lightswitch for Chrome, with Hue Lights
It would be nice if lights in your house would change with every episode you watch, or movie, when you finish or start a new show.
4 votesWe will definately think about implementing this feature in Simkl API
-
Program
Make a programm.. instead of this website ... much easier to use .. and can be used from remote locations all on one profile .. :D really awsome ! if u make that program make it for all platforms! <3 You awsome keep working
4 votes -
Give people shows they like and in the website add music and games.
Games and music makes people happy.
4 votes -
Artwork Section of Movies & TV Shows
It would be a great idea, a kind of artwork section in the film or series overview insert. Thus, one could be his favorite films or series Submit wallpaper or whatever. Could also be a great VIP function.
4 votes -
Thumbnails in My TV Shows
In Full List of My TV Shows, add a thumbnail of the TV show for each line. Allow this be optional, however, default.
4 votes -
it will be nice
subtitles downloader
4 votes
- Don't see your idea?