Top ideas from the community
479 results found
-
Youtube Season Recaps Button
Add a Season Recaps Button that directs to a Youtube video for the TV Show Season Recap.
13 votes -
Sequel checker (missing in franchise)
I would like SIMKL to implement something like this site https://anicheck.moe/ where you have a thing that shows you everything in franchises you missed for any movie, tv show or anime
13 votes -
Mass select option for actions
Mass action options for lists (e.g. removal from list, clearing ratings, etc.)
12 votes -
12 votes
-
Include repeat airings of episodes
If I've started watching an old series that premiered a long time ago (e.g. ncis, Hawaii 5-0 etc.) then it would be useful to know when the episodes I haven't seen yet are airing. From what I can see from your website you only show new airings of shows on your tv episode calendar.
12 votes -
Create a Sub/Dub option for anime
If possible, please add a sub/dub option in the anime page instead of a separate US release. Also, please enable separate episode trackers for the sub/dub versions.
12 votesWhile we don't have an option yet to track dubs and sub episodes as watched separately, you can now subscribe to DUB and SUB notifications at https://simkl.com/settings/notifications/
-
12 votes
-
Android navigation improvements
In the Android app, swiping left/right should navigate between the tabs (seen/aired/next for shows, year/dvd/n for movies).
Would also be nice if swiping back on movie/show details to go back.12 votes -
Improve the mobile application
Add the same features that the website has into the application, right now it's simple and unstable, there's always cliches and crashes.
12 votes -
Full support for Spanish language and Bilingual content
Spanish is the fastest growing language in the USA and is also one of the fastest growing languages in the world. A great deal of this content is available with English audio or subtitles.
Many streaming platforms are adding a lot of Spanish and/or Bilingual content (Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, etc.) due to the increase in market share.
This is a great way to increase both Simkl's content and user base!
With more than 37 million speakers, Spanish is by far the most spoken non-English language in the U.S. today among people ages 5 and older. It is also one of…12 votes -
Show friends' statuses on product page
Currently I can only see their ratings on the right side, but it would be nice to see their statuses as well (planned, seen etc...). Because now I have no way of knowing if they have seen something but didn't rate it.
12 votes -
Put "Time left to watch" back on the bottom of the list of shows
There used to be info on how many days of TV you had left unwatched at the bottom of the lists. That's gone? I found that really useful, please bring it back.
12 votesV2 Beta uses a different way of showing a list of your shows, divided by number of shows per page for better performance, while V1 showed all shows on one page, so not easy to add a total counter when it only selects a portion of your shows to display without sacrifising performance.
We do show time stats on watching list eps left to watc in your stats page, the second option currently is to switch to V1 interfacte at https://simkl.com/settings/pro/
-
Add Markdown Support for .bio
It would be cool to add basic markdown support for the bio.
12 votes -
When selecting "Marked as watched" have a confirmation before removing the watch history
Hi there. I've come from Trakt and I'm still getting used to things. When I saw "Marked as watched" on something I had seen, I selected it. The expected result was that it would show me when I had seen it. The actual result was that it unmarked it as watched, and deleted the history. Now I know how it works I'll avoid it, however, I think it would be a good idea to have a "are you sure you want to delete all watch history for this episode/movie?" confirmation.
Maybe even a 5 second timer after where you have…
12 votes -
Optional setting to group related anime seasons and cours into one series
I recently migrated from TV Time and Trakt, and the way separate anime seasons and cours are structured and displayed on Simkl is currently one of the biggest obstacles for me.
Many anime that are presented as one show with multiple seasons or continuous episode numbering on services such as Crunchyroll and Trakt are listed as completely separate anime titles on Simkl.
For example, SPY x FAMILY Season 1 consists of 25 episodes on Crunchyroll and Trakt, while Simkl separates it into two entries with 12 and 13 episodes. I understand that this may follow AniDB’s structure and that the…
12 votes -
News fot TV series
Add news for TV series
11 votes -
Movie and MPC
MPC-BE and Movies support!
MPC-BE support for the app. It is being replaced as better player than MPC-HC and people are changing to it. I think it would not be an big issue to add support to it?
Also movie tracking is really crucial, is this even planned?
11 votes -
Groups
If you are familiar with "Steam", you'll know about groups. Users can create their own groups, public or private/invite only, for all kind of interests.
Why I'd consider this useful is to invite already existing communities to simkl. On all kinds of forums you'll find people talking about which movies and shows they recommend - why not make it easier for them?
With groups they'd have to chance to connect with familiar names immediately. And you could offer tons of statistics based on the group's interests.
What have they seen most? What did they see in the last week? What…11 votes -
Keyboard shortcuts
It would be nice if the site would support (more) keyboard shortcuts. Especially when setting up a new profile, you go through a lot of series/movies. It would be awesome if you could hit right/left arrow to focus the next item in the list, hit 1 to 9 (or 0 for 10, I guess) to provide a stars rating, and some clever keys for adding to lists.
11 votes -
Two-factor verification (2FA)
Add support for two-factor verification. This would increase the privacy and security for all users.
11 votes
- Don't see your idea?