Top ideas from the community
479 results found
-
To Watch Section
Amazing site, I absolutely love this project.
I would suggest you guys add a page where you're able to view episodes to watch. I mean like something like this http://i.imgur.com/ugE2cfb.png
Where a user is able to sort by most recently watch, or number of episodes to watch in ascending or descending order. This would also be a great addition to your app as well.
Thanks!
14 votes -
Proper links instead of javascript links
Proper links (not javascript links) in all views, so we can open a show/anime/movie in another tab anytime.
14 votes -
provide a user-definable way to prioritize my watch list
I think it's great you provide different ways to sort my watch list (Popularity, Rank, Votes, Release date, Alpha, etc)
It would be nice if you provided say way to sort my watch list manually.
This could be anything from dragging and dropping titles up and down a list to adding a user priority to a title (say 1 to 5 stars) and sorting on this.
would love to hear from others in the community ways we should be able to sort our watch list which can easily grow well beyond 100-200 titles!
14 votesUsing Lists v2 you can save sorting options (!20 different sort options added) for any view into the new Layout.
Favorites were added as a way to prioritize the watchlist.
-
Add non english tv shows?
I'm from Holland and watching a dutch show. And I was wondering if that too can be added, it is on the tvdb. It's just not english...
14 votes -
It would be good if there was a way to find "movies like this." Just plug in what you're looking for and SIMKL genereates suggestions.
It would be good if there was a way to find "movies like this." Just plug in what you're looking for and SIMKL genereates suggestions.
Similar to TasteDive and Movie-Map.
14 votes -
Anime movies in parts
Movies like this https://simkl.com/anime/40079/akira/episodes/ are considered as a complete movie and in "parts", but others only as a complete movie. Can you remove all the "parts" from the database?
14 votes -
Some more ideas
... and i would also like to:
- see the list of newest (recently added) movies and tv shows,
- see the list of newest (recently written) reviews,
- see the list of worst (lowest rated) movies (and shows),
- have a possibility to hide that "waiting for your rating" list,
- have a possibility to search movie by tags.Is some of that allready possible? I know that searching by clicking on a tag (in movie description) works, but i dont see an option to write a tag (or more tags) myself.
14 votes -
Mark watched first episode of a show
In the mobile app, I can mark an episode as watched from the Watching list. Nice! But it doesn't work for the first episode of a show: It doesn't open the expanded view with the Mark as Watched button, but immediately opens the show details where I have to manually go to the season list, then the episode list, then mark the first one as watched. Only after that will the quick mark watched feature work.
14 votes -
Share episode rate and comments to Twitter
I know you recently improved the Twitter integration by supporting rate sharing, but it would be great to improve this further by sharing TV episodes rate and comments, just like Trakt TV. Trakt also allows to rate single seasons, so it could be a good addition.
14 votes -
Order of the episodes
It would be good if we can change the order of the episodes. It is Last-to-First as default but I would like to sort them First-to-Last.
14 votes -
Notification Option for TV Season Finale (only)
Instead of selecting which shows notify you when a new episode comes out; provide an option to only notify when the selected show(s) have aired the last episode of a season. This feature would be especially great because I'm sure a lot of folks get too many notifications and also like to wait until all the episodes for a season have aired and then 'binge' them. Thank you!!
14 votesUnfortunately this data is not always available when the season has ended and no new episodes are planned to be produced. You might miss notifications for some shows or never receive one untill new season starts.
It is available on TVDB for some shows, but not all shows and often only available after some time (few days) after last episode has aired. Show production schedule is unpredictable in many cases.
-
Extend the "mark as watched" functionality of Summary tab to Episodes tab
The mark as watched functionality of the Summary tab on the main page of each show is great. It would be nice if that could be extended to the Episode tab.
Ideally, an overlay would be added to the graphic of each episode that allows the user to mark that and all previous episodes as watched, same as clicking the episodes "dot" in the Summary tab.
Because of my specific use case, I have to manually mark my episodes as watched. The functionality of the Summary tab is great for marking large blocks of episodes, but I often need to…
14 votesWe do that on mobile interface, need to rewrite for desktop. Alternativly you can click on the episode and use the "Mark as watched" button on the episode page itself.
-
Option to choose if you want separate tabs or combined.
So, when I'm looking for something to watch, I'd like the option to combine everything (TV, Movies & Anime) instead of having to go to each tab and search through them. Would it be possible to get an option where we can combine all three on the discovery/recommendation page? I'd also like lists to be combined, too, instead of having to separate them.
14 votes -
Check-in ?
how I can check in to the shows that I watch now and post it on social networks ?
13 votes -
Import/synk with mydramalist.com
Do a similar collaboration with mydramalist.com as you do with myanimelist.net to get more Asian series and movies on the site
13 votes -
Import from myshows.me (https://api.myshows.me/shared/doc/ )
Import from myshows.me
13 votes -
Telegram Bot
A Telegram bot would be nice. They offer a free API (https://core.telegram.org/bots). It could work like this: In a chat with the simkl bot, you send a command like /watched Star Trek DS9 E1S2 and it would add it to the watched list.
13 votes -
Change the color of the app icon
App icon in status bar is almost white, when the background is white it just disappears.
Or, can users select which color they want to use? Maybe in a future update?13 votes -
Add individual episodes to Plan to Watch
It would be nice to have the ability to add individual episodes to my "Plan to Watch" instead of having to add an entire series.
For example, I'm interested in seeing a few episodes from House Hunters International, but this show has over 150 seasons. I'm only interested in a couple episodes so adding the show to my list isn't helpful, but right now I'm having to keep track of those episodes elsewhere.
13 votesAdminAndrew Masyk (Founder, Simkl) responded
You can use Private memo to keep up with seasons numbers you want to watch in this show
-
Personalized recommendations based on custom lists
It will be good that we get personalized recommendations based on our custom lists, and not just watch history.
13 votesAdminAndrew Masyk (Founder, Simkl) responded
Currently you can apply filter to the recommendations to filter out specific genres\tags
- Don't see your idea?