Top ideas from the community
479 results found
-
Information on sequels for anime on the page
For example, for Sword Art Online, you could put its sequel, Sword Art Online II, and its movie, Sword Art Online: Extra Edition, directly above the "people who liked Sword Art Online also liked..." section.
38 votes -
Skip a season of a show
There are some anthology series out there of reality shows with every season a new cast. Sometimes a season just didn't is good or I want to skip that season.
Ofcourse you can mark that season as watched without watching it, but a skip season but still watching the show feature would be kinda neat, because I don't have to mark something as watched I didn't watched.
Dropped is no option because I want to skip only a season (So maybe a drop a season feature?)38 votes -
Add screenshot to an episode
It would be nice if we can add a screenshot or an image to an episode that it doesn't have it. Like it happens with this show
37 votesRight now you can add screenshots directly into thetvdb.com for that episode and it will appear on Simkl as well. This will help the whole TV community.
-
Make the numbers in your profiles URL your name
Change the numbers in your profiles url to the name of your account
37 votes -
Non-binary option
It would be cool if on your profile you could set your gender as some form of non-binary option.
36 votes -
35 votes
-
Have an option of entering in when you watched it...on release day or some other day
Like on trakt.tv you click on watch and then the website gives you an option: Right Now, On Release Date, or Other Date. I'd like to have that...thanks!
34 votes -
Emby Plugin for Simkl
If you want to test the emby's plugin, now you can!
https://github.com/SIMKL/EmbyFollow these instructions
https://github.com/SIMKL/Emby#installing-manually-lastest-buildDiscuss in issues on Github or our discord server https://discord.gg/u89XfYn
34 votesEmby plugin released please post your feedback at https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/75809-new-plugin-simkl-scrobbler/ to add the Emby plugin to the official catalog
-
Display If an anime is Dubbed on the anime’s webpage
When looking at an anime’s webpage it could say “English dub” next to the other tags related to show. Or include that it’s dubbed somewhere on the anime’s page.
34 votes -
Movie Edition Relationships
Much like how Anime entries can show “Directly Related” or “Indirectly Related” series, the Movies page should also highlight special editions and alternate cuts.
By introducing relational links for various movie versions—such as Extended Edition, Director’s Cut, Blu-ray Edition, Uncensored, and Unrated—users can easily see every variant in one place.
Suggested Edition Categories:
Extended Edition
Director’s Cut
Blu-ray Edition
Uncensored Edition
Unrated Version
And few more...
Examples of Related Editions:
Spider-Man: No Way Home
Spider-Man: No Way Home – The More Fun Stuff Version
Spider-Man: No Way Home – Extended Edition
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the…
34 votes -
Added episode titles
Putting the names of each episode from a TV series in the check list.
33 votes -
update design
make your site more animated :D
and colorful33 votes -
Dub completion notifications + dub filter and infos in general
Hey! I was referred here by Azmarine from the forum. I'm a VIP member and honestly one of those people who recommends SIMKL to basically everyone I know, so this comes from a good place!
There's one thing that's been genuinely frustrating me for a while though. I watch a lot of shows and anime dubbed, and SIMKL only notifies me when something finished airing, not when the dub is done. It sounds minor but it really isn't. I get excited about a new show or season, start watching, get invested after like 4 episodes and then the dub just…
33 votes -
sync Netflix queue ("My List")
it's awesome you sync my Netflix history. A natural next step would be to sync my Netflix queue. My queue is large (probably 100+ titles) so a platform like simkl could really take the headache around what to watch next! it would make sense to use simkl as a launchpad!
32 votes -
Light theme
I would love to see the option to switch between dark and light theme.
32 votes -
Add a tag for collected. Maybe integrate with Plex webhooks for collected status as well
Button to show if item is in your library
32 votesAdminAndrew Masyk (Founder, Simkl) responded
The best alternative at the moment would be to create Collected custom list to add titles to it that you own.
-
Please add an option to customize posters
Please add an option to customize tv show and movie posters, so users can set posters and banners according to their preference.
32 votes -
After selecting episode as watched automatically refresh 'next episode to watch' info panel
When you select episodes as watched, you have to manually refresh the page for the 'your next episode to watch' info panel to update.
It would be great if the 'your next episode to watch' info panel automatically refreshed after you select episodes as watched.
32 votes -
"Collected" tag/flag for episodes
Trakt used to do this for me, then then broke it and then... well, we all know what's happening with that dumpster fire!
Essentially all I'm after is a way to track episodes / movies that I have in my collection (ie have ripped / downloaded). I don't care about format (VHS, 720p, 4K... doesn't matter), just that I have it. A tick box to say "got it" is all I need.
A count of episodes (so I can easily spot missing ones) would be an additional lovely thing to have.
32 votes -
Allow marking a show as "Completed" without marking every episode as watched
Currently, marking a show as completed automatically flags all of its episodes as watched. For many shows this is fine, but it doesn't fit how people actually watch certain series.
For anime especially, a lot of episodes aren't essential viewing, filler arcs, recap/summary episodes, side stories, and so on. Plenty of viewers intentionally skip these but still consider the show "finished." Right now there's no way to reflect that: I either have to mark episodes I never watched, or leave the show as incomplete even though I've seen everything I wanted to.32 votes
- Don't see your idea?