Top ideas from the community
479 results found
-
Historical Popularity Metrics (e.g., “Peak Rating Charts / Ranking”)
A user maintains a personal library of movies and TV shows and wants to uncover which titles were exceptionally popular at any point in time—rather than only seeing their current standing.
For example, among 100 saved films, some may have once ranked in the Top 10, even if they’re no longer trending today.
Offering a way to sort and filter by historical popularity would help surface those past hits.
Suggested Metrics:
Peak Rank: The highest position a title ever achieved on the charts.
Duration at Peak Rank: Number of days/weeks a title remained at its all-time best position.
Total Days/Weeks…
1 vote -
Merge custom list / Import Simkl list into custom list
I have multiple custom lists, but I want to import a few lists in one big horror watchlist.
Please add option to merge lists or import a Simkl list into another custom list
And add option to delete all watched movies from a list16 votes -
Hide watched movies also on netflix app adding watched titles to parental control
Adding a title to the parent control of the profile will hid the title also on the tv and mobile app.
Would be a nice extra also to remove these titles from parental control if a new episode or season has been released.
4 votes -
Show friends' statuses on product page
Currently I can only see their ratings on the right side, but it would be nice to see their statuses as well (planned, seen etc...). Because now I have no way of knowing if they have seen something but didn't rate it.
12 votes -
Ability to Auto Scrobble Movies in Windows
I need the Ability to Auto Track the Movie I'm Watching Offline,
i know that there is windows application to track Tv shows and anime, but i need the support for movies also.3 votes -
Full sync with Anilist
Full two way sync with Anilist, like it works with MAL.
47 votes -
Simkl Android app
Simkl lists app is good on andoid, simple and fast,but it will be nice if simkl have a fully functioned android app,dont know about ios,but android requires a good simkl app. please consider this request.
50 votes -
Display/edit Memo in the SIMKL app
I'd like to see and be able to edit the memo's I have added to series on the website
1 vote -
Strange issue where %TMDB% does not work for some animes.
The TMDB variable is blank on some anime's entire episodes pages, while the ANILIST variables is functioning as intended. I hope this is a quick and easy fix, with no complications at all. I am referring to the Watch Online Links section. I have noticed that it's an issue that is very common for animes aired in 2024, but I'm not sure.
List:
https://simkl.com/anime/2419656
https://simkl.com/anime/1462529
https://simkl.com/anime/1059775
https://simkl.com/anime/1863032
https://simkl.com/anime/1937760
https://simkl.com/anime/2498878
https://simkl.com/anime/1771535
https://simkl.com/anime/2191900
https://simkl.com/anime/2125452
https://simkl.com/anime/1687953
and more.3 votes -
Predict your ratings...
It will be good if the system can/will predicts your ratings for an unrated show/anime/movie before you actually rated it. That way, you know if the system predicts your taste well or not.
26 votes -
Being able to filter movie lists by director, writer, producer, star etc
For example, if I want to see which directors are most represented in the movies I've watched, and from there I can work out which movies of theirs I haven't seen yet
30 votes -
Notification when TV Series ends or is resurrected
When the final episode of a TV Series airs, or when a TV series is cancelled, its status changes from Continuing to Ended (on TVDB and on Simkl). Inversely, when a TV Series that was considered to have ended, is rebooted or resurrected, the status changes from Ended back to Continuing. In both cases, it would be very helpful to receive a notification of such a major event in the lifecycle of a show.
Since Simkl has already implemented notifications, adding a notification when the status of a TV Series changes (from Continuing to Ended or vice versa) should be…
87 votes -
Please add an option to customize posters
Please add an option to customize tv show and movie posters, so users can set posters and banners according to their preference.
32 votes -
Activity Feed
Add an activity feed that shows you your friends' activity and your own. So something along the lines of:
"Friend X watched episode 3 of Game of Thrones"
"You watched episode 2 of Breaking Bad"84 votes -
Share unlisted link to "My TV Shows", "My Anime", "My Movies"
When a profile is private, one is unable to share a link to their list of watched movies for example without changing the profile privacy setting to Public. This is a shame.
Like with lists, we can make them unlisted instead of private and then share the unlisted link. It would be great if "My TV Shows", "My Anime", and "My Movies" could be shared in this way too. Currently when on one of those three pages, the floppy disk icon on the right provides a popup of options, one being the Share option, but it only copies the page's…
6 votes -
Personalized recommendations based on custom lists
It will be good that we get personalized recommendations based on our custom lists, and not just watch history.
13 votesAdminAndrew Masyk (Founder, Simkl) responded
Currently you can apply filter to the recommendations to filter out specific genres\tags
-
Widgets on phone app
Widgets for calendars would be very cool. That way, you can see your calendar from your phone without looking at the app itself. TV Time has similar widgets, and I would love to see this from Simkl.
136 votes -
Auto update new seasons of completed/watching anime into my watch list.
Just like how when tv shows release new seasons simkl auto combines them and informs you there's new episodes to watch.
Currently with anime I get no notifications new seasons are out and it doesn't automatically go into my watch list.
63 votes -
105 votes
-
Sync with Plex Watchlist
Now that Plex has fully released its Discover feature I find myself using its Watchlist a lot to mark things that I plan to watch. It would be great if that could be imported to Simkl. And if possible (but I imagine difficult) also sync the other way, from Simkl to Plex's Watchlist.
I'm aware that Plex does not have an "official" API, but the endpoints exist and quite a few apps already use them. Overseerr for example has Watchlist integration as well: https://github.com/sct/overseerr/blob/be047427df62e480fc9b69cb93258837ed72bcf4/server/api/plextv.ts#L263.
20 votes
- Don't see your idea?